Submarine cable to address Samal Island’s power woes
MONTEVISTA, Davao de Oro – An official of the Northern Davao Electric Cooperative Inc. (NORDECO) announced Sunday that the submarine cable project on the Island Garden City of Samal (Igacos) in Davao del Norte that will address its power woes will be operational next year.
In a press briefing here, Elvera Alngog, NORDECO officer-in-charge, said the project is already 75 percent complete and the remaining 25 percent which is the laying of the cable will be done before the year ends.
She said the cable which is fabricated in Italy will be transported to the country next month and after its installation, it will be operational on the first quarter of 2023.
“The [cables] will have a three-month travel via sea and as soon as it will arrive in Samal, the laying of cable will just take about 15 days. Then all is good,” Alngog added.READ MORE