Tag Archives: afp

MEDIALDEA: Human rights at play in battle vs. Covid-19

Government response to pandemic adheres to human rights standards

 December 9, 2020

As the Philippine government’s commitment to protecting its people under extreme circumstances have been put to the test by the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic, a Palace official assured Wednesday that the whole-of-government response is in “strict accord with… Read More

AFP continues to stand for human rights

 December 10, 2020

The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) on Thursday assured all Filipinos that it continues to stand for human rights while performing its mandate to protect the people and the state.”We stand up for human rights and continue to stand by its principles, even in the face of the… Read More

DUTERTE: Ceasefire is dead

Duterte says no ceasefire with Reds ‘ever again’

President Rodrigo Duterte said he will not declare a ceasefire “ever again” with the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army-National Democratic Front (CPP-NPA-NDF) for the rest of his term.“There will be no ceasefire ever again under my term… Read More

AFP lauds PRRD’s total rejection of ceasefire with Reds

 December 8, 2020

MANILA – The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) on Tuesday welcomed President Rodrigo Duterte’s pronouncements that there will be no longer any ceasefire with the communist terrorists during his term.Marine Maj. Gen. Edgard Arevalo, AFP spokesperson, said they are thankful to the President… Read More

GAPAY: AFP WINNING WAR VS. COMMUNIST TERRORISTS

Over 7K Reds neutralized in relentless security ops

 December 7, 2020

The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) on Monday said it continues to win the war against communist insurgency in the country as it has neutralized over 7,000 members of the communist terrorist New People’s Army (NPA) so far this year.”

From January this year, mahigit 7,000 na ang… Read More

NATIONAL HEROES’ DAY HIGHLIGHT: Covid-19 frontliners lauded as heroes

DUTERTE: SELFLESS MODERN-DAY HEROES

Filipino front-liners in the fight against coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) are living proof that modern-day heroes exist, President Rodrigo Duterte said Monday.Duterte said front-liners deserved just as much recognition as forebears who fought for the country’s… Read More

LORENZANA: Country owes a debt of gratitude

As the nation commemorates National Heroes’ Day, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana lauded front-liners in the fight to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).In a statement, Lorenzana said the country “owes a debt of gratitude” to present heroes — the… Read More

AFP chief says heroism innate in everyone

MANILA – Heroism knows no bounds and manifests in different ways, the country’s chief of the Armed Forces said Monday as the nation celebrates National Heroes’ Day.”It does not matter whether one is a uniformed personnel, a public servant, or an ordinary citizen — specks of heroism are… Read More

AFP ON WATCH FOR TERRORISTS USING SOCIAL MEDIA

AFP chief only wants to protect socmed from terror infiltration

 The suggestion of Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) chief-of-staff, Lt. Gen. Gilbert Gapay, to regulate social media was only meant to protect the platform from the infiltration of terrorist groups that could use it as an avenue in furthering their violent goals.This, according to… Read More

AFP: CPP-NPA virus deadlier than Covid-19

While the military is assisting the government on containing the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Covid-19), Southern Luzon Command (SOLCOM) chief, Lt. Gen. Antonio Parlade, Jr., said efforts will continue to protect the country and its people against the deadlier menace of the “CPP-NPA virus”.

parlade 2

“As we endeavor to assist the IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force) in the containment of the Covid-19, we will continue to secure our communities from this vicious and more dangerous CPP-NPA virus,” he said in a statement Saturday, referring to the Communist Party of the Philippines and its armed wing, New People’s Army.

READ MORE

Palace condemns NPA violation of Covid-19 truce

AFP won’t dignify Reds’ claims of massive military losses

 

Parlade, who is also a member of the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF ELCAC),  said he considers the CPP-NPA and its ideology deadlier than Covid-19 because it has killed thousands of Filipinos in the past 51 years.

“The latter (CPP-NPA) has killed a vast throng of our people, some (of them) JMS (CPP founding chair Jose Maria ‘Joma’ Sison) even call his revolutionary forces that include students, young children, and the marginalized sector,” he added.
The CPP-NPA is listed as a terrorist organization by the United Kingdom, the European Union, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the Philippines.
He also chided Sison on whether his “violent National Democratic Front” still has a place in the Philippines as the country and its people go about with their efforts to stop the spread of the dreaded Covid-19.
He made the statement as communist rebels struggle to find a replacement for National Military Commission head Julius Giron and overall CPP-NPA chairperson who was killed along with two others in an operation in Baguio City on March 13.
“As we are about to expose CPP chair Julius Giron, whose party wife Annie Tauli is Execom (Executive Committee) member of Ilocos Regional Party Committee and sister of former CPA turned UN Special Rapporteur Victoria Tauli Corpus, think Sison, how this is going to impact your credibility to the international community,” Parlade said.
He added that If people can connect the dots, SIsion should start explaining how the CPP-NPA-NDF International Solidarity Works defrauded the UN (United Nations), EU (European Union) and several international organizations especially during times of crisis.
“All these connections with JMS, Giron, Tauli, will solidify the NTF ELCAC’s position that all those sham HR (Human Rights) investigation of UNCHR (United Nations Commission on Human Rights)  and of KARAPATAN, and NUPL (National Union of Peoples Lawyers) were all part of JMS and Giron’s Oplan Talsik, in tandem with Oust Duterte of the Movement Against Tyranny that we exposed in October 2018,” he added.
Parlade dared Sison to surrender now while at his peak of infamy, adding that by doing it, at least he will be remembered for fighting in the Netherlands rather in the Philippines with the rest of his communist rebel comrades.
“If I were JMS, I will consider capitulating while at the peak of my infamy. At least you will be remembered as a rebel who fought remotely in the comforts of (the) Netherlands before Covid-19 eats up your dark disgusting lungs,” he added.
He also slammed Sison for always claiming that the CPP-NPA ranks are on the rise that shows his detachment to the realities in the Philippines.
“I wonder what CPP chair emeritus has to say about his NPAs. JMS is so detached from the realities in the Philippines. He keeps saying his army is growing. How is that possible with the killing of top CPP-NPA honcho Julius Giron? The capture and killing of many of their NPA leaders and political officers, and the exodus of surrender from his ranks?” he asked.
Arrogance
Sison’s arrogance in not immediately reciprocating the unilateral ceasefire declared by President Rodrigo R. Duterte for March 19 to April 15 to allow the AFP to focus on supporting anti-Covid-19 measures of the government was brought by the fact that he wants to win big against the military.
“Jose Maria Sison’s arrogance in not reciprocating the SOMO (Suspension of Military Operations) declared by the PRRD to enable AFP to support the IATF (for the Management Emerging Infectious Diseases)  has basis after all. He wanted to make sure that the CPP-NPA (will)  be able to deliver a big blow to the AFP and its front line responders against Covid-19,” he added.
Parlade said this plan of communist rebels was demonstrated by CPP-NPA forces attacks against troops visiting and informing communities about Covid-19 in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay.
This was followed by attacks and atrocities against communities in Lianga, Surigao and Kapalong, Davao Del Norte.
“(The communist terrorists) also started killing IPs (indigenous people) supportive of localized peace initiatives and of NTF ELCAC. Everything is going by the plan of the Central Committee to conduct tactical offensive nationwide,” he added.
He said communist in Rizal and Quezon were poised to launch an attack against communities in Puray, Rodriguez over the weekend but the former mass base has already decided to support the government’s NTF ELCAC and reported it the authorities.
“Acting on the community’s info that the NPA was planning to attack, the troops executed a community defensive posture a kilometer away from the village. It resulted in the preemption of enemy attack, the killing of a high-ranking officer of the rebels, recovery of an M-16 rifle, a hand grenade, a rifle grenade, and the recovery of several CPP and Bayan paraphernalia. Unfortunately it also resulted in the killing of one soldier,” he added, referring to the botched NPA attack against government forces in Rodriguez, Rizal on March 28.
More surrenderers
He added that Army commanders in Quezon reported the voluntary surrender of three communist terrorists armed with an M-16 automatic rifle and a .30 caliber M-1 Garand last March 26 and 27.
One of them is Arnel Merenio alias “Mark/Velasco”, 23, single, resident of Barangay Malabahay, Macalelon, Quezon and a Squad Leader and 2nd Vice Platoon Leader, of PLTN SOL(M), SRMA4B who voluntarily surrendered to the Army’s 85th Infantry Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division.
Meanwhile, the two others were Jayson Alpahora Capatasan alias “Alwin/Aldrin/Oka/Oca”, and July Pepito Penaverde alias “Erwin/Endong” who surrendered to the Army’s 80th Infantry, 1ID and Provincial Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict.
Capatasan is the vice squad leader of PLTN 4A2/SDG PLTN, of Barangay Magsikap while Penaverde is a member of PLTN 4A2/SDG PLTN, resident of KM 19, Barangay Llavac, Real, Quezon.
Parlade said two ranking CPP-NPA leaders in Occidental Mindoro surrendered on March 28.
They are Dominador Penciano alias “Totsie/Jai/Naria”,  PL, PLTN DOS, GF ICM, SRMA 4D; and Joel Mejaro alias “Lenny/Libby”, GP,  Squad Tolits, PLTN GMT, SRMA 4D. Both surrendered to Sablayan Mayor Andres Dangeros after seeing the sincerity of the government’s Executive Order 70.
On March 28, the eve of the 51st NPA anniversary, he said, 40 regular NPA members and Militia ng Bayan (MBs) in Camp General Nakar, Quezon , Kalayaan and Sta. Rosa, Laguna. The group turned in war material, 14 firearms including one M-16, one M-14, two carbines, one Garand, five pistols, rifle grenades, and ammunition.
He dared critics of the NTF ELCAC and government to prove that these surrenders are fake. (PNA)