The famous Russian physiologist Pavlov said: “Happiness is the only secret of health.”
Happiness and health are naturally connected. How can we make ourselves happier after we enter old age?
1. If you are 65-85 years old, you should understand: You are no longer a superman. Don’t be exhausted all day, you should live calmly. For example, rice should be eaten one bite at a time, and things should be done bit by bit. It’s not enough to be calm, and you should show yourself when appropriate and let the ordinary days shine.
2. If you are 65-85 years old, you should understand: The quality of life depends entirely on your mentality. Every day, sea cucumber, abalone, big fish, big meat, delicacies from mountains and seas, a five-star high-end restaurant, are not necessarily high quality life. Only getting spiritual satisfaction is quality life.
3. If you are 65-85 years old, you should understand: The alienation of family affection is a painful pain. Being lighter, forgiving, and forbearing will make our hearts a little bit wider, calmer and warmer.
4. If you are 65-85 years old, you should understand that choosing friends is important. Make friends with optimistic and like-minded people, and you will also become optimistic and cheerful.
5. If you are 65-85 years old, you should understand: Learning is still necessary. Live and learn. Pay attention to new knowledge related to your career and hobbies. Boldly try things of interest, such as WeChat, email, online shopping… Don’t be afraid of learning and enjoying.
6. If you are 65-85 years old, you should understand: It is better to rely on yourself than on others. Some problems need to be solved by yourself. Believe in yourself, face challenges head-on, see difficulties as opportunities, and learn to solve problems creatively.
7. If you are 65-85 years old, you should understand: Status and honor are just a cup, and your cultivation and character are the things in your cup. The luminous glass may not be the grape wine, it may be a glass of muddy water. There may not be boiled water in the thick porcelain cup, but it is probably the best dragon well.
8. If you are 65-85 years old, you should understand: People who are grateful are happier. For any blessing, no matter how big or small you should know how to be grateful. You should be grateful for your family, work, and friends. You might as well tell them personally that you are happy because of them in your life.
9. If you are 65-85 years old, you should understand: smile for less, smile often without worry. Don’t be too serious about yourself or your life. Try to discover the little bit of fun around you, be humorous in time, and make life full of laughter.
10. If you are 65-85 years old, you should understand: It is the greatest happiness to have someone who takes care of you.
If they do not take care of you, take care of yourself. To ensure rest, exercise, and healthy eating, exercise your brain in a fun and exciting way, and activate your thinking.
Don’t worry about major national events that you shouldn’t or can’t manage. When you become an angry old man, you think you are responsible. Makes yourself full of worries and complaints. Affects mood.
𝗦𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗢𝗠𝗔𝗦, 𝗗𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗼 𝗱𝗲𝗹 𝗡𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗲 (𝗢𝗰𝘁. 𝟭𝟯, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭)—𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲-𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿-𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗔𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗼 𝗢𝗽𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗰𝘂𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗽𝗮𝗹 𝗴𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗹 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗮 𝗰𝗵𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗵 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗧𝘂𝗲𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗱𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗳𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗧𝗮𝗴𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗶𝘁𝘆, 𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗽𝗮𝗹 𝗦𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗳𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗲 (𝗠𝗦𝗪𝗗𝗢) 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝗪𝗲𝗱𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗢𝗰𝘁. 𝟭𝟯.
MSDO-OIC Leilani Mae Rafol said that her office is now preparing the needed documents for Orpiana’s admission in Home For The Aged. Among the requirements were medical certificate, result of his RT-PCR swab, X-ray result, and the case study that should be prepared by the social worker.
Rafol said Opiana is temporarily staying at Balay ni Tomas while all the documents are being complied with by the agency. “Atong ginabuhat karon is naghatag lang kita og immediate care sa kay Tatay Orpiana since naay moral responsibility ang LGU ani na case kay murag he was neglected na sa iyang pamilya.
However, the assistance na mahatag nato sa iyaha diri sa Balay Ni Tomas is limited maong didto nato siya ibutang sa foster home kay maatiman jud siya didto kauban ang ubang elderly. While naa siya sa amoa, ginapaningkamutan namo na mahatag sa iyaha ang compassion ug assistance,” Rafol said.
Rafol said that the MSWDO under the administration of Mayor Ernesto Evangelista had taken the necessary steps to enhance the care-giving abilities of the personnel who look after the sick, frail, bedridden or abandonedsenior citizens.
She added that the 83-year-old Opiana should be taken to a foster home since he has no means already of meeting basic nees and since his family had deserted him, and therefore, he no longer receives appropriate care, protection, and support.
Earlier, Mayor Ernesto Evangelista ordered the Dangpanan Ni Tomas and MSWDO to process the necessary document for Orpiana’s admission in the Home For The Aged, a foster home for abandoned elderly in Tagum City. ####AksyonAngSolusyon#EvangelistaLegacy#BagongSantoTomas
771 Comment2 SharesLikeCommentShare
DAVAO CITY – The office of the First Congressional District Representative Paolo “Pulong” Duterte initially distributed on Thursday over 300 wheelchairs to seven barangays here in the city.
The recepient barangays were Catalunan Grande, Catalunan Pequeño, 5-A, Matina Aplaya, Dumoy, Ma-a, and Magtuod, all situated under the First District.
Catalunan Grande barangay councilor Nicolasa Morata said that there were senior citizens who earlier requested a wheelchair, as some are having difficulty walking because of their respective health conditions.
“Gisabutan pa namo sa barangay karon ang proseso sa pag distribute aning wheelchairs. Naay lima among ibilin sa barangay para magamit sa vaccination sites,” Morata said.
Morata also said that they have to assess the senior citizens who are really in need of wheelchairs. She added that there are 3,857 senior citizens in Catalunan Grande.
NHA Madelwadan Ma-a Senior Citizen Chapter head Jaime Calledo, Sr. echoed the same concern. He said the seniors will be happy with the young congressman’s kind assistance.
Masca Matina Aplaya Senior Citizen Association head Theresita R. Baniog also thanked the First Congressional District Office for the immediate assistance.
She said these wheelchairs will surely be utilized by the intended beneficiaries. The First Congressional District Office has been giving either cash and in-kind assistance to its constituents.
Aside from wheelchairs, the senior citizens of the first congressional district continue to receive free maintenance medication monthly from the young Duterte’s Office.
Write message to
Vaccination for elderly continues as Mayor Ernesto Evangelista ramps up inoculation program
The Municipal Government of Santo Tomas is ramping up its inoculation program for senior citizens and persons with comorbidity against COVID-19, targeting at least 500 vaccinees per day in a bid to achieve the herd immunity here.
Mayor Ernesto Evangelista said the Santo Tomas LGU is doing “quite well” in the vaccination of senior citizens.
He, however, noted that the reason why some people do not get vaccinated is not just because of hesitancy but also due to access issues. To settle such issue, Evangelista ordered the Municipal Health Office (MHO) to make use of the LGU’s bus for free public transportation intended for senior citizens.