Category Archives: 2019 ELECTION

EXTENDED ECQ in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal

‘NCR Plus’ stays under ECQ for another week

 April 3, 2021

MANILA – The enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) status in the National Capital Region Plus (NCR Plus) bubble will be in force for another week beginning April 5, Malacañang announced on Saturday.Retaining the ECQ classification in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal was… Read More

DUTERTE TO ROBREDO: If you run for President, I’ll go after you and give you nightmare

ROBREDO: I never said “Where is the President?”

Read full story in Rappler

Hits Leni for ‘grandstanding’ during typhoons

 November 18, 2020

MANILA – President Rodrigo R. Duterte on Tuesday night lashed out at Vice President Leni Robredo for alleged “grandstanding” and questioning his absence during the onslaught of Typhoon Ulysses last week.Duterte labeled Robredo as “dishonest” for pretending not to know… Read More

Alvarez resigns from PDP-Laban

FORMER House Speaker and Davao del Norte Representative Pantaleon Alvarez announced on Sunday, November 15, 2020, his “irrevocable resignation” from his position and membership in the ruling Partido Demokratiko Pilipino–Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) party after serving as its secretary-general for nearly five years.

In a statement, Alvarez said he resigned from PDP-Laban because he intends to commit and pursue a voter’s education campaign for Filipinos given the importance of the 2022 elections. Read Full Story in SunStar Davao

ALVAREZ RESIGNS FROM PDP-LABAN

VIDEO: ALVAREZ ON GMA DOUBLE B

LAUNCHED: Bangsamoro Development Plan (BDP) 2020-2022

In line with the 12-point priority agenda of the Bangsamoro Government

Bangsamoro Government’s Planning and Development Authority (BPDA) officially launched the first Bangsamoro Development Plan (BDP) 2020-2022 Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at the Shariff Kabunsuan Cultural Complex in Cotabato City.

The BDP is in line with the 12-point priority agenda of the Bangsamoro Government which aims to harmonize existing development plans in BARMM such as BDP 1 and 11 (MILF-BDA), Unified Bangsamoro Development Plan (MILF and MNLF) and ARMM Regional Development Plan (RDP) 2017-2022, and will be implemented under the Parliamentary system of BARMM.

Present during the launching were BPDA director general Engr. Mohajirin Ali, BARMM’s executive secretary Abdulraof Macacua, Minister of Interior and Local Government Atty. Naguib Sinarimbo, BARMM cabinet secretary Mohd Asnin Pendatun, Development Academy of the Bangsamoro (DAB) president Norodin Salam, and representatives from different ministries and offices of the BARMM.

Also participated in via zoom were BARMM Chief Minister Ahod “Al Haj Murad” Ebrahim, BTA speaker Atty. Pangalian Balindong, Sr., representatives from NEDA, OPPAP, European Union(EU), Australian Embassy, International Organization for Migration (IOM), United Nations Populations Fund (UNFPA), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), The Asia Foundation (TAF), Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (CHD) and United States AID (USAID). (Bureau of Public Information)

Palace distances self from Marcos poll protest

Malacañang on Tuesday opted not to interfere with former senator and losing vice presidential candidate Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s plea to nullify the victory of Vice President Leni Robredo in the 2016 national elections.

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo issued the statement the same day the Supreme Court, which acts as the Presidential Electoral Tribunal (PET), ordered the release of a report on the initial recount of votes in Ma the executive branch would let the PET exercise its independence and judgment on the issue concerning Marcos and Robredo.

“As we have repeatedly said, we never interfere with the function and duty and work of any co-equal branch, as well as independent constitutional bodies. So we’ll leave it on that,” he said in a Palace press briefing.

“We’ll just wait. Let the parties argue their case in court and the PET will have to render its decision,” Panelo added.

Earlier Tuesday, the PET allowed the release of a committee report on the result of revision of ballots from three pilot provinces picked by Marcos in his election protest against Robredo.

The three pilot provinces chosen by Marcos are Camarines Sur, Negros Oriental, and Iloilo.

Marcos believed that the said provinces had suffered from vote-rigging during the conduct of the 2016 vice presidential derby.

The PET also required the two camps to comment on the motion to void results in Camarines Sur, Negros Oriental, and Iloilo.

It was on June 29, 2016 when Marcos filed anelectoral protest before the PET to challenge Robredo’s victory in the vice-presidential race held the same year.

Marcos had claimed that Robredo defeated him in the 2016 vice presidential elections by some 263,473 votes due to “massive cheating.”

Panelo said the Palace would respect whatever decision the Supreme Court will make with regard to the electoral protest filed by Marcos.

“We will follow as everybody should,” the Palace official said. “So whatever the decision on the court [will be], we should abide by it.” (PNA)

DUTERTE TO INDAY SARA, PULONG, BASTE: STAY HUMBLE

duterte rodrigo

President Rodrigo R. Duterte has advised his children to stay humble and not to flaunt the power given to them by the people as he thanked Dabawenyos for their continued trust and confidence in the Dutertes’ capability to bring progress to the city.

“I am at a loss for words to characterize our presence here this afternoon. Akong mga anak ug ako. In terms of politics og ang gugma sa mga tawo nagpabilin sa among pamilya (My children and me. In terms of politics and the people’s love for my family remains),” the President said during the oath-taking of his younger son, Sebastian “Baste” Duterte, as the city’s vice mayor at the Session Hall of the Sangguniang Panlungsod (City Council) in Davao City on Friday.

The event was also attended by Mayor Sara Z. Duterte, 1st District Rep. Paolo Z. Duterte, and their mother Elizabeth Zimmerman. Mayor Sara and Rep. Paolo earlier held their separate oath-taking ceremonies.

Duterte said he cannot ask for more after the Dabawenyos gave them an overwhelming mandate. Sara, Paolo, and Sebastian were unopposed during the May 13 elections.

The President also reminded his children and the youth that for “as long as we do not have a clean government, for as long as corruption is there, and for as long as there is no law and order… we cannot hope to rise.”

Since it is Sebastian’s first crack at governance, the President said his younger son needs to learn. He advised him to read the rules of parliament.

“What you cannot learn is the temperament of each and every councilor,” he said.

In his speech, Duterte recalled how members of his family rose to power, starting from his father, the late governor of a then undivided Davao, Vicente Duterte, who held office in the same site of the new Sangguniang Panlungsod building. This is the same building where the old fiscal’s office was located and where President Duterte used to hold office as fiscal before he became OIC-vice mayor after the Edsa people power revolution.

The President also recalled how Davao City transformed into a progressive city from the days when he was fiscal when he handled drug cases until he was elected mayor of the city in 1988.

Duterte said he backs the political plans of his children but noted that they should give others a chance to lead.

Kasi kung ang Duterte pa rin magtakbo, I’m sure huwag lang sirain ‘yung pangalan, mananalo pa rin ‘yan (If Dutertes continue to run for office, I’m sure they will still win),” he said.

Duterte said time will come when he will tell his children to give others a chance.

“The political power of the city was or (is) in the hands of the Duterte family, starting in ’88. But if you think, Dabawenyos, that they (Sara, Paolo, and Sebastian) are not already up to it, then by all means, I suggest other leaders here to put up a strong opposition,” he said.

“(This is) so that the people will have a choice na hindi lang ang Duterte pala ang marunong (that it is not only the Dutertes who are capable). I encourage you to do that because this is a democracy,” the President said. (PNA)