By ROGER M. BALANZA
Former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. could be suffering from premature orgasm if he ejaculates with joy over results of pre-poll surveys showing him leading the pack in the race to Malacanang in the May 9 elections.
“It’s too early to rejoice,” said former Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr.
Bongbong’s refusal to attend media forums and debates will only see his numbers in the 2022 elections slowly eroded as the 90-day campaign period wears on, said Lito Banayo, campaign strategist of Aksyon Demokratiko presidential aspirant Manila Mayor Isko Moreno.
In the latest survey by Pulse Asia conducted from January 19 to 24, the son and namesake of the late dictator President Ferdinand Marcos Sr.emerged the top choice with 60% of respondents prefering him to be the next president after President Rodrigo Duterte.
Evasco, the former Presidential Adviser on Streamlining of Government Processes, expressed this prognosis over the fate of the son of the late dictator last week in Bohol while attending a political event of of the local political bloc Abante Bohol.
Evasco, a former Catholic priest, was an anti-Marcos activist who was imprisoned during the martial rule of Bongbong’s father. He had served for years as chief of staff of then Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte.
Evasco issued the statement as Bongbong dominates presidential surveys against his closest rival, Vice President Leni’ Robredo. Bongbong is gunning for the presidency under the UniTeam banner with Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte as his vice president.
Banayo said Moreno has clear and specific economic policies to address various issues plaguing the country.
Compared to the son of the late ousted dictator, Moreno is not afraid to face his rivals nor the media to discuss his platform, he said in an interview aired over ANC’s “Headstart”.