DUTERTE to defend Cabinet ban in Senate Covid-19 fund mess probe

‘Most eager’ to answer legality of memo before SC

President Rodrigo Duterte said he is “most eager” to answer the legality of his order prohibiting executive branch officials, particularly Cabinet members, from attending the Senate Blue Ribbon committee hearings on the alleged overpriced procurement of medical supplies against Covid-19.

During the prerecorded “Talk to the People” aired Monday night, Duterte welcomed the move of the Senate Blue Ribbon’s panel to challenge before the Supreme Court (SC) the legality of his order.

“If you remember I have a memorandum prohibiting the Cabinet members and all executive officials appearing in the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee Hearing without my permission,” Duterte said.

Over the past three months, the committee panel, chaired by Senator Richard Gordon, has been conducting motu proprio inquiry into the procurement of the medical supplies through private firm Pharmally Pharmaceutical Corporation at the onset of the pandemic last year.Read More

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s