DOH vaccine inventory to reach 12 million doses
The government is on track in its commitment to provide a monthly allocation of 4 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine to the National Capital Region (NCR) and other high risks provinces, Secretary Carlito Galvez Galvez Jr., chief implementer of the National Task Force (NTF) against Covid-19, assured Thursday.
We are on target with our commitment, so far we already have 7 million doses and once we receive another 5 million doses next week, we will have a total of 12 million doses. So with that, we can see that we can deploy more than 4 million doses in NCR, Galvez said.
Galvez, who is also the vaccine czar, gave this assurance as he welcomed the arrival of 2 million doses of government-procured Sinovac vaccines, at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Thursday night.
Half of the newly delivered vaccines will be given to NCR, Metro Cebu, Metro Davao, Bulacan, Batangas, Cavite, Laguna, Pampanga, and Riz and the rest to high-risk provinces nationwide, he said.
As the government is expecting more deliveries within this month, Galvez assured an equitable distribution of vaccines nationwide