President Rodrigo Duterte approved a government task force’s recommendation to file criminal and administrative charges against former Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) president Ricardo Morales and other PhilHealth executives allegedly involved in billion-peso anomalies.
“I’m sorry for them but you have to undergo trial,” Duterte said in a late-night press briefing on Monday, September 14.
The officials include the following:
- Ricardo Morales, former PhilHealth president and CEO
- Jovita Aragona, senior vice president for the information management sector
- Calixto Gabuya Jr, acting senior manager of the information technology and management department
- Renato Limsiaco Jr, senior vice president for the fund management sector
- Israel Francis Pargas, senior vice president for the health finance policy sector
Task Force PhilHealth submits 177-page report to Duterte
The inter-agency task force investigating irregularities in the Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth) on Monday submitted its 177-page initial report to President Rodrigo Roa Duterte.”As the task force awaits any further directives from the President, its composite team will… Read More